Step 1: Dimensions
- Width: Measure the width of the chaise lounge. Measure inside the frame, between the arms, from left to right.
- Height: Measure the height of section 1. This is the chaise lounge's back support (recline). Measure from the bottom of the section (at the break, where it connects to section 2) to the top.
- Depth: Measure the depth of section 2. This dimension is indicated with the blue arrow in the above graphic. Measure from the top of the section to the bottom. If this is your final section, proceed to the next step.
- Sections: Measure each of the depths of sections 3 and 4, if applicable. Measure from the top of the section to the bottom. When you've taken measurements of every section, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Thickness
Decide the cushion thickness you would like. Chaise lounge cushions are available 2-8 inches thick (in 1-inch increments), depending on the type of cushion you select.
Typically, we recommend choosing a thickness of no more than 4-5 inches for a chaise lounge cushion due to the reclining nature of this type of furniture.
- Use a firm (ie, a carpenter's) tape measure, rather than a flexible (ie, a tailor's) measuring tape for the most accurate results.
- Keep in mind that when ordering, you will need to round up or round down to the nearest ½ inch.
- Do not order new cushions based on measurements of your existing or old chaise cushions. Over time, cushions can become worn and the fabric stretched. Using these measurements will result in cushions that may not fit your furniture. Instead, measure the chaise on which you will use the new cushion.
Custom Shaped Chaise Lounge?
If any section of your chaise lounge is a shape other than rectangle/square, you will need to make and send a template (pattern) for your furniture. To learn how, visit How to Make a Template.
We're Here to Help!
If you have any questions, give us a call at 888-348-2371 or send an email. Our customer service representatives will be glad to help.